*For the purposes of this tutorial we will only look at the Chrome Extension - Please note the Chrome extension is no longer support by Scatter and its recommend to use the desktop version. See tutorial on how to connect the desktop version here
Step 1 - Download Scatter
First go to the official scatter website and download the Google Chrome Extension. It will take you to the chrome extension download page. Once here click add extension.
Please double check that this is the URL:
You can also validate Scatter by the following process:
- Enter chrome://extensions/ into your browser.
- In the top right, turn on developer mode.
- Verify that the ID matches this exactly: ammjpmhgckkpcamddpolhchgomcojkle
Step 2 - Create Scatter Account
Here you will create your Scatter account. Make sure that you enter a secure password that you will not forget. You will then have to write down the mnemonic seed phrase (12 Word Seed) on paper and store it in a secure place. If you ever lose your password you can use this to restore your account.
Step 3 - Import your EOS keys
You will need to add your EOS keys into scatter to allow you to Vote, Name Bid, Create Accounts and Proxy vote among other features.
To add a keypair, follow these steps:
- Generate an EOS public and Private Keypair (You can generate new keys via scatter or use your keys from the EOS registration you originally generated)
- Copy your private key to your clipboard.
- Open Scatter and click the ‘Key Pairs’ option from the main menu.
- Click the ‘New’ button in the top-right corner.
- Paste your private key into the private key input field.
- Give the key a name so you remember which account the keys are for
- Click ‘Save.’
- Once you generate a keypair, you need to save your private key elsewhere as Scatter will not allow you to open to view the keys again. (We recommend you store your private keys offline by writing them down)
Step 4 - Setting up your Scatter identity
Now that you have your keypair inside Scatter you can import your account:
- Click Identities
- Click edit
- Go down to account selection and pick chain id: EOS Mainnet
- Select the keypair that you imported.
- Click the import button
- A popup will open with asking for you to select your account permissions - you should select @ active key. Then select use selected key.
- Press save
Step 5 - Attaching your account to EOSToolkit
- Head to http://www.eostoolkit.io using Chrome
- Click on the option that says '+ Connect Account' in the top left of the screen
- After clicking on '+ Connect Account' a window will pop-up that shows the identities that you have associated with scatter. Please select your Identity that you created and hit the 'Accept' Button.
- You will now be taken back to the homepage with your Scatter account linked.
Now the fun begins and you can start using all the features that EOSToolKit has to offer! Please see further tutorials specific for each feature.
We hope you have learnt something today or found the solution you have been looking for. GenerEOS & Blockgenic, strive to ensure that we bring you the most credible, up-to-date and user-friendly information within the EOS Network. If this guide was helpful, please consider voting for aus1genereos & blockgenicbp so that we can continue to keep adding value for the community.